Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was given to me by my mother in law. It is by far the best brisket/sauce that I have ever tried!
- Trim fat on briskett.
- Soak brisket for 30 minutes in water.
- Sprinkle meat with kosher salt and let sit 30 minutes.
- Rinse meat well.
- Braise meat in olive oil until brown, approximately 8 minutes per side.
- Reduce heat and add onions.
- Add garlic.
- Remove meat.
- Add all ingredients for sauce.
- Stir well.
- Put meat back in pan and simmer covered for approximately 3 hours.
- Remove meat and reduce sauce.