Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
The best Apple Pie that you will ever eat. The secret is soaking the apples in the melted butter.
- 4 cups apples, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- Pour melted butter over sliced apples and soak a few minutes.
- Combine sugar, flour, and spices.
- Remove apples from butter (reserve any that is left and use in topping).
- Coat apples with sugar mixture, pour into pastry shell.
- Combine topping ingredients and crumble over apples.
- Bake at 400°F for 40 to 45 minutes.
This was the best apple pie I ever made. But pie is not one of my things. I used a deep dish pie plate and increased the apples to at least 6 cups, and I used an entire cup of butter. Everything else well,. I followed the recipe exactly. But no chopped pecans in the topping . Everyone loved it especially the ones who ate it warm right from the oven ! ( me and my son) Thanks for sharing, I think this is a good recipe for beginners.