Cook1 hr 15 mins
After traveling in eastern Ohio and eating many different "Amish-style" meatloaves, I finally asked for this wonderful meatloaf recipe. This one is not as sweet as the typical Amish recipe and has some garlic flavoring in it. We love it!!
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 3⁄4 cups Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 2 slices of regular-sliced bacon
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- Mix first 7 ingredients throughly together and pack into a loaf pan.
- Next put the strips of bacon on top and bake for an hour at 350F degrees.
- While waiting, mix the sauce ingredients together.
- After the hour is up, pour and smooth the sauce onto the meatloaf and cook another 15 to 20 minutes. I have sometimes added 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt instead of the salt to the sauce mixture and that is also delicious!