1/6 Photos of The 400th-Something Chicken Enchiladas
Another variation on chicken enchiladas - almost up to 500 on 'Zaar it looks like. Well, you can't have too many enchiladas, in our opinion! This is our favorite. We tried a variety of recipes and then ended up developing this one by taking our favorite elements from the others, with particular enjoyment of the sour cream/cream cheese addition from Anasazi Enchiladas, and personal preference (we like more veggies in ours than most seem to have in them). Low-fat/fat-free dairy products can be used - just be aware that fat-free cheese doesn't always melt as well as low-fat or regular does, so watch it carefully for doneness if that is used. Enjoy this with any kind of enchilada sauce - we've used red sauce, green chile sauce, sour cream sauce (I generally just make this like a roux, but add a combination of sour cream and chicken broth instead of milk), and mole sauce - my favorite! (I would highly recommend Mole (Mo-lay) Sauce). Feel free to add more sauce or cheese, as desired ... I've learned that we seem to like less of those ingredients than others :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 ounce sour cream
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces green chilies, diced
- 1/4 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 ounces shredded cheese, divided
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 2 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 8 ounces enchilada sauce, of your choice
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Combine cream cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning, cumin, chili powder, and cayenne pepper and mix until smooth.
- 3Add chilies, tomatoes, green pepper, onions, 1 oz of the shredded cheese, and chicken, and mix well.
- 4Top each tortilla with half of the chicken mixture. Roll up each and place in a glass casserole dish.
- 5Smother with enchilada sauce and top with remaining shredded cheese.
- 6Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and enchiladas are heated through.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The 400th-Something Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (420 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 638.5
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 97.0 mg
- Sodium 2060.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 33.5 g