Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one of my husband's family Thanksgiving traditions. The cream cheese filling is to die for!
For Pumpkin Roll
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄8 cups flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (just use the smallest can at the grocery store!)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans or 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts
- 8 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a large cookie sheet with foil and grease.
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs on high for 5 minutes.
- Slowly beat in sugar.
- Spoon in pumpkin and fold together gently.
- In another bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Gradually add dry mixture to wet ingredients and fold together gently.
- Pour batter into greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
- While pumpkin roll is cooking, prepare the filling by mixing all ingredients together in a bowl.
- When pumpkin roll is done baking let it set for about 10 minutes, then peel the roll off of the cookie sheet and roll up into a towel to finish cooling.
- When pumpkin roll is completely cool, unroll it and spread filling over the entire surface. Add nuts at this time too.
- Roll back up and cut into 12-15 slices.
These were very tasty! I will be making them for Thanksgiving! We didn't put walnuts in them just personal tastes. But my husband really loved! I also didn't use the seperate spices but used pumpkin pie spice instead. Very simple to make though and they were a huge hit! Loved and will make again for sure! Made for FALL PAC 2008
my family has been making these for years there awsome
I can't wait to try it!