Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I really like the way my mom makes Thanksgiving dressing. I think the special ingredient is the ground turkey! Feel free to add pecans or dried cranberries with the dry stuffing mix.
- 5 Stove Top stuffing mix (6 oz boxes, turkey, savory herb or corn bread)
- 4 (14 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups celery, diced
- 4 cups onions, diced
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Brown the ground turkey in the olive oil until very well done.
- Add the celery and onions and saute about 4 minutes.
- You can refrigerate this mixture for a day if you like!
- Boil broth, water and butter.
- Add the meat, celery & onion mixture and the dry stuffing mix.
- Cook over medium heat for a few minutes to blend.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff before serving.