Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Love risotto. Love Thai food. Fusion. Success!
Make and share this Thai Treasure Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- coarse sea salt, to taste or kosher salt
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh asparagus, trimmed, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock, warm (or 1 vegetable bouillon cube dissolved in 1/2 cup water or just use water if you need to)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk, warm
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint or 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 -3 teaspoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 4 -6 lime wedges
- chives or scallion
- chopped roasted cashew nuts or chopped roasted peanuts
- cilantro, chopped
- lime wedge
- In a large cast iron skillet over medium-high, heat olive oil to shimmering.
- Add onion and saute, stirring frequently, until translucent. Add garlic, red bell pepper, mushrooms, and asparagus and saute until softened.
- Add rice and saute, stirring frequently, for about 4 minutes or until it starts to toast.
- Add vegetable stock and cook, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, for about 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add wine and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/3 of the coconut milk. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Repeat two more times until all of the coconut milk is added and has mostly been absorbed by the rice.
- Just before the last 10 minutes of cooking, add basil, ginger, mint, and frozen peas.
- After the risotto is fully cooked, stir in soy sauce and Thai sweet chili sauce. Stir to mix.
- Squeeze lime wedges over the top of the rice.
- Garnish with chives or scallions, chopped nuts, and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- Serve with extra lime wedges. Enjoy!.
Nice flavors and a meal in itself. I liked the addition of cilantro and lime, and loved the mushrooms. Good luck!