Red Thai Coconut Risotto
photo by Mary Jenny
- Ready In:
- 2 -3 leeks, sliced and divided
- 946 ml almond breeze milk
- 1 -2 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon dried unsweetened coconut
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 red sliced bell peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice or 1 1/2 cups italian style rice
- 1 bunch chopped basil
- In a large pot over medium high heat, combine about half of the leeks, Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original, Thai paste and dried coconut. Bring to a boil and add chicken breast to poach and reduce heat to a low boil for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pot, warm coconut oil and sauté remaining half of the leeks, garlic and peppers for 5 minutes or so to sweat. Stir in brown rice to coat for 1 minute.
- Add Almond Breeze/chicken mixture to rice pot one cup at a time and stir inches.
- Turn rice pot to low, cover and allow to cook through for about 12 to 15 minutes. Stir often until all liquid is absorbed. If the rice absorbs too quickly, add some chicken broth or wine to create a creamy dish. Garnish with a generous heap of basil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!