Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Based on a recipe in the moosewood restaurant cookbook. This is great served with pita bread or on crackers.
- 16 ounces seasoned tofu
- 2⁄3 cup dived red bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup minced scallion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh Thai basil or 1⁄3 cup italian sweet basil (if you can not find thai basil)
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 fresh green chili pepper, minced and seeded (leave unseeded for more heat)
- soy sauce
- Grate tofu.
- Do not put it in the food processor or it will turn into mush.
- In a large bowl toss the tofu with bell peppers, scallions and fresh basil.
- In a blender combine cocomut milk, ginger, lemon juice, peanut butter and half of the minced chiles and puree until smooth.
- Add more chile if you desire more heat.
- Pour dressing over tofu mixture and toss to coat.
- Add soy sauce as desired.