Baba Gannoujh -- Middle Eastern Eggplant Spread
- Ready In:
- 400 g Japanese eggplants (about 3 medium)
- 1⁄3 cup onion
- 1⁄4 cup parsley (preferably flat leaf)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (or juice of 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini (aka sesame paste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and prepare a baking dish that will accommodate the eggplant with cooking spray.
- Halve each eggplant lengthwise, sprinkle with salt, and place cut side down in the baking dish; spray skin with cooking spray, then roast until tender when pierced, about 20-25 minutes.
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of your food processor fitted with the steel blade, and blend until smooth.
Join The Conversation