Recipe by bic26th
This is a simple Thai dish for everyone who like to taste exotic taste of egg. Easy and fast to cook.
Top Review by Elmotoo
WOW!! This is EXCELLENT!! I'll admit I was a bit leary but YUMMMMMMM!!! I brought the eggs to aboil & shut the heat. Let them sit for a bit, then peeled & dried them. The idea being that I didn't want them overcooked. They brown up VERY quickly in the hot oil! And be sure not to overfill your pot. ;) I probably used more than 2T tamarind - I used a regular tablespoon not a measuring TB. I was very worried it would be too sweet. What I did worked out perfectly for us. I made 8 eggs for 4 people. Dh went & fried an extra couple eggs for himself. I served this over basmati rice. Absolutely delicious!! Thank you!! Made for My 3 Chefs 11/08.
- 6 -8 eggs hard-boiled eggs
- 3 cups cooking oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 1⁄2 cup small red shallot (fried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil egg and peel the shell.
- Let the egg dry for 10 minutes.
- Pour cooking oil into the pan and fry the boiled egg until the skin starts to be crispy and brown.
- Take the egg out of the pan and remove the excess oil by placing on the clean kitchen napkin.
- Mix the tamarind paste, sugar with water and heat up until boiled.
- Taste the sauce as you want. you may add salt if you want.
- Pour the sauce on top of fried boiled eggs.
- Garnish the dish with fried shallots(red onion).
- Serve with hot rice.