Chef # Bic's Note:
This is a simple Thai dish for everyone who like to taste exotic taste of egg. Easy and fast to cook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil egg and peel the shell.
- 2Let the egg dry for 10 minutes.
- 3Pour cooking oil into the pan and fry the boiled egg until the skin starts to be crispy and brown.
- 4Take the egg out of the pan and remove the excess oil by placing on the clean kitchen napkin.
- 5Mix the tamarind paste, sugar with water and heat up until boiled.
- 6Taste the sauce as you want. you may add salt if you want.
- 7Pour the sauce on top of fried boiled eggs.
- 8Garnish the dish with fried shallots(red onion).
- 9Serve with hot rice.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Sweet and Sour Fried Egg (Kai Look Keay)
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1185.6
- Calories from Fat 1028
- Total Fat 114.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 212.0 mg
- Sodium 64.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 35.3 g
- Protein 6.6 g