Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This refreshing salad from Chatelaine magazine is a perfect complement to barbequed ribs. Refrigeration time is the cooking time.
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 English cucumbers, peeled, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large bowl, stir the sugar with the vinegar, lime juice, olive oil, sesame oil and salt until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the cucumbers to the dressing and stir to coat.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and mix until evenly combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.