Recipe by Ms. Mother Earth
DH and I are eating much healthier now days and this recipe totally fits the bill. I found the basic ingredients on a package of lean ground pork. (which by the way is lower in fat then ground turkey or chicken and delicious) Quick, easy, healthy and full of flavor!
Top Review by Husker Fan
Yum! I made these last night, mainly for DH and I. (my little ones are just to picky) We enjoyed these a lot, and had left overs for lunch today. I normally have the thai chili paste on hand so I added it. These things were spicy. So if your not a spicy eater, then these aren't for you! I loved them. Simple to put together, not time consuming, and just different from your everyday burrito. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground lean pork
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, grated (I used jarred)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon hot chili sauce (optional)
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas, warmed
- chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown pork in a non-stick skillet over high heat until it is no longer pink, about 3 to 4 minutes. (no need to oil skillet, make sure it's hot) Add ginger, garlic, onion and cole slaw mix and stir fry with pork until vegetables are wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Combine all remaining ingredients except tortillas and cilantro in a small bowl and add to skillet. Cook and stir until all is coated, about a minute.
- Spoon equal portions of mixture onto warm tortillas sprinkled with about a Tbs. of cilantro, or to taste. Roll up to encase filling and serve.