Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
DH and I are eating much healthier now days and this recipe totally fits the bill. I found the basic ingredients on a package of lean ground pork. (which by the way is lower in fat then ground turkey or chicken and delicious) Quick, easy, healthy and full of flavor!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground lean pork
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, grated (I used jarred)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon hot chili sauce (optional)
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas, warmed
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Brown pork in a non-stick skillet over high heat until it is no longer pink, about 3 to 4 minutes. (no need to oil skillet, make sure it's hot) Add ginger, garlic, onion and cole slaw mix and stir fry with pork until vegetables are wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Combine all remaining ingredients except tortillas and cilantro in a small bowl and add to skillet. Cook and stir until all is coated, about a minute.
- Spoon equal portions of mixture onto warm tortillas sprinkled with about a Tbs. of cilantro, or to taste. Roll up to encase filling and serve.
Yum! I made these last night, mainly for DH and I. (my little ones are just to picky) We enjoyed these a lot, and had left overs for lunch today. I normally have the thai chili paste on hand so I added it. These things were spicy. So if your not a spicy eater, then these aren't for you! I loved them. Simple to put together, not time consuming, and just different from your everyday burrito. Thanks for sharing!