Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tasty chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 liter water
- 3 chicken stock cubes, crumbled
- 1 stalk lemongrass, halved
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 tablespoon water, extra
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 small red chile, deseeded and sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat oil in pan, add leek and garlic, cook, stirring until leek is soft.
- Stir in curry powder, cumin and coriander, cook, stirring until fragrant.
- Add chicken, cook, stirring until chicken is lightly browned.
- Stir in water, stock cubes, lemon grass, coconut milk and sambal oelek.
- Bring to boil, simmer, uncovered for about 10 minutes.
- Blend cornflour with extra water and fish sauce.
- Stir through soup until soup boils and thickens.
- Remove and discard lemon grass.
- Stir in chilli, shallots, lime juice and coriander.
This was very good! I think I might like chicken thigh better in stir-fry and use chicken breast next time in the soup. The texture of dark meat seemed a tiny bit rubbery to me in soup although it is nothing against this recipe, which is very good! Thank you for posting.
Escellent.!! The lemon grass added a good dimension to this soup. Just the right amount of heat. Lovely!