Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A lovely spicy/sweet soup. This recipe was given to me by a friend at work.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste (I use Mussaman)
- 1 kg pumpkin
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 200 g vermicelli rice noodles
- 300 ml coconut milk
- Dice pumpkin and cook it in the chicken stock until soft.
- In a separate pan, sauté onion in oil until transparent.
- Add garlic and red curry paste and stir while cooking another minute or two.
- Combine the onion/curry mix and the cooked pumpkin and puree.
- Pour boiling water over the vermicelli noodles and let stand for about 5 minute.
- Drain the noodles and add to the pumpkin puree.
- Serve garnished with coriander.
I thought this was a great recipe - unfortunately I had to cut right back on the curry paste as DD's friend coming to dinner is so picky but next time I will do the full amount. DD and friend did say how much they enjoyed it so thanks dreamerPrue.
This was terrific! The blend of flavors is very interesting, and mild enough that even the kids liked it. I used less curry than the recipe called for, and I'm glad I did as it turned out to be a particularly hot curry!