Recipe by dreamerPrue
A lovely spicy/sweet soup. This recipe was given to me by a friend at work.
Top Review by katew
I thought this was a great recipe - unfortunately I had to cut right back on the curry paste as DD's friend coming to dinner is so picky but next time I will do the full amount. DD and friend did say how much they enjoyed it so thanks dreamerPrue.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste (I use Mussaman)
- 1 kg pumpkin
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 200 g vermicelli rice noodles
- 300 ml coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice pumpkin and cook it in the chicken stock until soft.
- In a separate pan, sauté onion in oil until transparent.
- Add garlic and red curry paste and stir while cooking another minute or two.
- Combine the onion/curry mix and the cooked pumpkin and puree.
- Pour boiling water over the vermicelli noodles and let stand for about 5 minute.
- Drain the noodles and add to the pumpkin puree.
- Serve garnished with coriander.