Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great quick recipe that you can just throw together and tastes wonderful. The amounts listed below I served for 2 people but I made no rice to go with it and it was perfect amount, apart from the fact there was a little to much corn for 2, it would be fine for three. If you prefer to serve it over rice it would feed 3. If you wish to do this for 4 I would up the pork amount to 750g and keep the other ingredients the same.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 500 g pork, strips (I bought pork tenderloin and sliced it into strips.)
- 5 tablespoons green curry paste (or adjust for your personal taste.)
- 125 g fresh baby corn, halved (It came in that size package I would lower to 90-100g for 2 people if not serving dish with rice 50-)
- 1 medium red capsicum, sliced thinly
- 200 g baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely shredded fresh basil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot (fresh or jar is fine.)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk (I used just over about 130ml, if you want to serve over rice, I would add more milk as there won't b)
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok, stir-fry pork until browned all over, add paste stir to coat.
- Add lime juice, fish sauce, ginger, sugar and milk stir-fry a few minutes to cook pork through.
- Add capsicum and corn and stir-fry about 4 Min's, add spinach and basil, stir-fry tossing until leaves are just wilted.
This was really good... Very good indeed. As far as the green curry, I guess I wish I had the green curry paste the prior reviewer had. Must be might awesome. With my green curry paste, I knew tablespoon wouldn't cut it, so I used three... Then I did the spoon test a minute later and added another tablespoon plus a smidge. If I did this again, I would use all 5 tbsp (yes, tablespoon ).
Are you sure this recipie isn't meant to have 5 teaspoons of curry paste. As we tried it tonight with 5 tablespoons and despite loving thai food and the spice/heat that comes with it neither my husband or I could eat it. We can't wait to try it again with less paste next time.