1/1 Photo of Thai "orange" Curry Chicken
This is by no means a Thai authentic dish. I had a bunch of Thai ingredients in my fridge, and just threw a concoction together and came up with this. It has a LOT of flavor, its spicy, and relatively easy to make.. I hope you enjoy it! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 red bell peppers (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (grated or minced)
- 1/2 onion (chopped finely)
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add chicken, and cook just until white on all sides (do not overcook). Remove chicken and drain.
- 3Add onion, garlic and ginger and cook until transparent.
- 4Add coconut milk, then add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well and let come to a boil.
- 5Turn down heat to a simmer, and add chicken back into the skillet. Cover and simmer, stirring about every 10 minutes. I usually simmer it for about a half an hour covered, then remove the cover for the last 10 minutes to thicken a bit.
- 6Serve over rice, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai "orange" Curry Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 738.5
- Calories from Fat 474
- Total Fat 52.7 g
- Saturated Fat 35.0 g
- Cholesterol 68.9 mg
- Sodium 1627.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 25.3 g
- Protein 35.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste
sweet chili sauce