Recipe by ssumthing
This is by no means a Thai authentic dish. I had a bunch of Thai ingredients in my fridge, and just threw a concoction together and came up with this. It has a LOT of flavor, its spicy, and relatively easy to make.. I hope you enjoy it! :)
Top Review by PaulaG
This is a good recipe but for me needs the quantities adjusted. I used the ingredients listed, reducing the coconut milk by half. The onion and garlic were cooked until translucent then the chicken added and cooked until done. The remaining ingredients were added, the skillet covered and the curry simmered for about 20 minutes. This was served with brown rice and garnished with some green onions. The dish has quite a bit of heat. Made for *PAC Spring 2009*
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 red bell peppers (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (grated or minced)
- 1⁄2 onion (chopped finely)
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken, and cook just until white on all sides (do not overcook). Remove chicken and drain.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger and cook until transparent.
- Add coconut milk, then add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well and let come to a boil.
- Turn down heat to a simmer, and add chicken back into the skillet. Cover and simmer, stirring about every 10 minutes. I usually simmer it for about a half an hour covered, then remove the cover for the last 10 minutes to thicken a bit.
- Serve over rice, and enjoy!