Classic Thai. From Food and Wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeds and ribs removed
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 cup lightly packed cilantro, leaves and tender stems
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/3 pounds total)
CILANTRO DIPPING SAUCE
- 1Light the grill or heat the broiler. In a blender or food processor, puree the jalapenos, smashed garlic cloves, the 1/2 cup cilantro leaves and stems, the fish sauce, cooking oil, sesame oil, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Put the chicken in a shallow dish and coat it with the cilantro puree.
- 2Grill the chicken over moderately high heat or broil it for 5 minutes. Turn and cook until just done, about 5 minutes longer.
- 3Meanwhile, in a small stainless-steel saucepan, bring the vinegar, sugar, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt to a simmer, stirring. Simmer for 2 minutes. Pour the liquid into a small glass or stainless-steel bowl and let cool. Add the minced garlic, the 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, the red-pepper flakes and water. Serve each chicken breast with a small bowl of the dipping sauce alongside.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Grilled Chicken With Cilantro Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.5
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 990.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 25.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar