Spicy Thai Grilled Chicken
Delicious cooked under a grill or barbecued--easy to prepare.
- Ready In:
- 4 skinless chicken breasts or 4 skinless chicken thighs, boned
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek (ground chilli paste)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 teaspoons oil
- Combine all the above ingredients and marinade meat for as long as possible, turning occasionally.
- Cook under grill or barbecue for 3-4 minutes each side.
- Serve with salads hot or cold and Gujarati Potatoes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Lovely grilled chicken. The marinade is full of flavor, which translates well to the grilled chicken. This is such a simple recipe, with big-flavor results. I forgot that I didn't have sambal oelek, so I used a chile and garlic sauce. I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I let the chicken rest after grilling, then sliced it on the diagonal for serving
wow this was sooo good! loved the spicyness of it, wonderful combination of flavours! I had to use bone in thighs cus that's what I had in and I marinated for about 8 hours. Also did not have any sambal oelek in so used Thai sweet chili sauce, turned out lovely with lots of zing. Grilled it on my cusinart gridler for about 15 minutes, mmm mmm YUM!!! Thanks for posting, will be making this again.