Recipe by more snax
I just made this on a whim. I found this really great green curry paste (tiger tiger brand) and I'm making all kinds of tasty things with it! This makes the perfect single serving size for a chilly night. The proportions are fairly easy to up though. Also I live at high altitude, so your rice/water ratio may be different. Enjoy!
- 1⁄3 cup short grain brown rice
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 cremini mushrooms
- 1 large leaves bok choy
- 1⁄4 tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 6 raw shrimp, peeled de-veined and thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Put rice, sesame oil and ginger in a heavy bottomed sauce pan, and simmer.
- Chop all of your veggies thinly, and set to the side.
- When your rice is almost done, toss in the veggies and garlic, and simmer for another 5 minute.
- Add the coconut milk and curry paste, then bring entire pot back to a boil. Add more water if needed, make sure you have enough to cover veggies and shrimp completely.
- When your boiling throw in the shrimp and boil for 3-4 minutes, depending on the size of your shrimp.
- Pour your stew into a bowl and enjoy! But be careful--It's hot.