Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Inspired by the intermnet, TRUE! Recently on a journey, making things from scratch too! Used these two recipe as my guide, The photo I made with pride! :) Thai Green Curry sauce from scratch http://images.cookeatshare.com/recipes/thai-green-curry-paste-home-made-343686 http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/Thai-Green-Chicken-Curry-L2744.html NOTE: Have made changes to suit my lifestyle (listed below) NOTE: Include chopped coriander including root
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 red onion
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 500 g chicken
- 100 g broccoli
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- HEAT frypan; add oil.
- Add sliced onion and green curry paste; stir fry for one minute.
- Add coconut milk and water ; bring to a boil.
- NOTE: Have to do slowly and stir frequently or milk will split.
- Simmer uncovered 15 - 20 minutes.
- COMBINE chili powder, cinnamon and tamari; ADD to mixture.
- Top with chopped coriander.
Ummm, when do you add the chicken? It isn't in any of the recipe steps.
This has a wonderful flavour and is so easy to make, but the directions need some work. I'm an experienced cook, so could pretty well guess when to add the chicken and broccoli, but neither are mentioned in the steps. I also added the kernels from one ear of corn, and cut the chilli powder back to 1/2 teaspoon. The curry paste already has chilli in it and the additional 1/2 teaspoon was more than enough. Thanks for posting.