1/2 Photos of Thai Ginger Pork (Appetizer or Meal)
Mimicked appetizer served at the Lemongrass Thai Restaurant, Marietta, GA. Make this a meal by adding steamed white rice, sugar snap peas, and sliced carrots,
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 large onion (slivered)
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/4 head green cabbage (separated into leaves, or lettuce leaves, to serve)
- 1/8 cup sliced green onion top (to garnish)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaf (to garnish)
- 1In a medium nonstick skillet, sprinkle garlic salt and red pepper flakes over ground pork and saute until slightly pink.
- 2Add slivered onion, ginger, and lemongrass; saute until onion is translucent.
- 3Add fish sauce, chili sauce, sesame oil, and honey; saute for 1-2 minutes.
- 4Add dry sherry and simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
- 5Add roasted peanuts.
- 6Serve in cabbage leaves (or lettuce leaves) as an appetizer, garnished with green onion tops and cilantro leaves. Four appetizer servings.
- 7Serve as a meal for by adding steamed rice, sugar snap peas, and sliced carrots. Garnish with green onion tops, and cilantro leaves.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Ginger Pork (Appetizer or Meal)
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.1
- Calories from Fat 354
- Total Fat 39.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 81.7 mg
- Sodium 661.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 27.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce