Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, fresh,chopped
- 6 tablespoons lemons, rind of, finely zested
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄4 lbs uncooked lobster meat, steamed or broiled,cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, thinly sliced leaves
- 1⁄4 cup basil, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 4 leaves boston lettuce
- 1⁄2 small red onion, sliced
- Warm oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat; add ginger, sauté 1 minute and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in zest, lemon juice, lobster, cilantro, basil and cucumber; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- (Note: You can purchase already cooked lobster meat and skip steaming or broiling it.) Set a lettuce leaf on each of 4 plates.
- Arrange salad on top and garnish with red onion.
- Yields about 1 cup lobster salad per serving.