Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I plan on making this with the Baked Pork Spring Rolls when I get a chance. It looks yummy!
Make and share this Thai Coconut Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 (13 1/2 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 3 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 pieces galangal, thinly sliced, 1 inch each
- 6 stalks lemongrass, bruised and chopped
- 15 kaffir lime leaves, torn in half
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice, plus
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce, plus
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried red pepper flakes
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Boil the shrimp until cooked, about one minute.
- Drain shrimp, and set aside.
- Pour the coconut milk and 2 cups of water in a large saucepan; bring to a simmer.
- Add the galangal, lemon grass, and lime leaves; simmer for 10 minutes, or until the flavors are infused.
- Strain the coconut milk into a new pan and discard the spices.
- Simmer the shiitake mushrooms in the coconut milk for five minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice, fish sauce, and brown sugar.
- Season to taste with curry powder.
- To serve, reheat shrimp in the soup, and ladle into serving bowls.
- Garnish with green onion and red pepper flakes.