1/1 Photo of Thai Coconut Chicken and Rice
I always get the coconut chicken soup when I go to a Thai restaurant. I love the combination of flavors! This is a dish that can be served over white or basmati rice or made thinner by adding additional chicken broth and turned into a soup. Add some paper thin sliced mushrooms and scallions at last minute if you're making the soup. This is also really good with shrimp. Do watch that red curry paste, though- it's spicy!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, sliced into thin strips
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 -3 tablespoons fish stock
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 -2 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaf, chiffonade
- 1/2 cup frozen English peas
- 1/2 cup canned water chestnut
- 1/2-1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 2 limes, quartered
- 1In the bottom of a pot, stir together the red curry paste and a little coconut milk to combine.
- 2Saute the chicken until cooked through.
- 3Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer 10 minutes or so, or until the peas are cooked and the sauce has reduced and thickened to desired consistency.
- 4Serve over hot cooked basmati or white rice.
- 5(I have added about a quart of chicken broth to this base recipe to make soup- adding thinly sliced mushrooms and scallions) Serve with wedges of lime.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Coconut Chicken and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.1
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 37.8 mg
- Sodium 249.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste