Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are tasty little meatballs that are so easy to prepare. You can serve them with a variety of dipping sauces. Great for cocktails and dinner parties or just having snacks.
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 4 scallions, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- oil (for shallow-frying)
- Mix all ingredients together, except oil (and cucumber and chile sauces).
- Wet hands, and take one tbsp of mixture and form into meatball; repeat.
- Shallow-fry the meatball until they are brown and cooked through.
- Serve with Thai cucumber sauce (may use recipe#29196) and Thai red chile sauce (may use recipe#30195), or other dipping sauces of choice, if desired.
My son had his friends over today for a jam session so I made these for them for a snack. The noise of the electric guitars stopped for all of five minutes while they wolfed the meatballs down - so much for a break from the noise!!! These were easy to prepare and easy to cook (I put them on trays in the oven for 15 minutes). The taste was great and the boys are happy. Thanks SueL, I'll definitely make these again.
These were pretty good. I made them a bit larger than the recipe stated, cooked them in the oven like Fairy Nuff suggested, then served them with stir fried vegies, rice and a coconut sauce I created myself.