1/1 Photo of Thai Chicken Lettuce Cups
Fresh, light Thai flavor - from Cooking Light and one of my new favorites. The filling can be done ahead of time and reheated before filling the leaves or served cold. Both are wonderful
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, coarsley chopped
- 3 tablespoons fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped water chestnut
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or splenda)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 head bibb lettuce (leaves separated)
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 4 teaspoons sliced serrano chilies (about 2)
- 1Place chicken in food processor; pulse until coarsely ground.
- 2Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 3Add chicken, broth and ginger to pan; cook 8 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 4Drain well, transfer to a large bowl.
- 5Add water chestnuts, red onion, green onions, cilantro, lime juice, sugar/splenda, fish sauce and salt to bowl; toss well.
- 6Place 1/3 c chicken mixture into each lettuce leaf.
- 7Serve with peanuts and serrano.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Chicken Lettuce Cups
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.2
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 603.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 26.3 g