Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 8 mins
Cook 30 mins
A consistant hit for me at house parties which can be made ahead of time and thrown in the oven. This is a result of tweaking and combining two recipes that produce an excellent appetizer or finger food. Phyllo dough can be a little messy/flaky to deal with but I find easier and healthier than deep frying with regular dough; just work quickly with the dough as it'll dry out.
- Heat oil in wok or frying pan, add in onion and garlic, cooking over low medium heat until golden.
- Raise heat to medium high and add in chicken, stir frying until it changes color.
- Add oyster sauce and pepper, stir and cover, reducing to low heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes, sugar, and curry powder, cover and cook 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Lay out phyllo dough strips, three strips thick, lightly coat with melted butter, and place filling in the middle. Fold into triangle or square shape, or whatever shape you like.
- Bake in oven at 375 for 10 minutes on baking sheet, or until lightly browned.