Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
It is suggested to serve these individual meatloaves hot over a bed of cold shredded lettuce that has been tossed with a sesame-soy vinaigrette.
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemongrass (or 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried hot pepper flakes
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Divide the mixture into 6 individual portions and place on a baking pan.
- Form each portion into an oval about 4 inches long and 2 1/2 inches high.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until the loaves are firm and richly brown.
- Left-over suggestion: make sandwiches by cutting the meatloaf into chunks and rolling into flour tortillas spread with honey mustard and garnished with shredded lettuce.