Recipe by Lisa in Acworth, GA
Tweaked this from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food magazine. This is absolutely delicious and was a huge hit! Everyone who ate it requested the recipe and nearly ran out of a doubled portion b/c everyone had seconds (and thirds for some!) Great, simple, light, healthy recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- salt & pepper
- optional - 1 can corn, rinsed and drained
- optional - 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add rest of ingredients and let the salad chill for at least an hour, preferably longer.
- Salad will keep for up to 3 days.
- Serve with slotted spoon as there will be quite a bit of liquid at bottom of bowl.