- Ready In:
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (use red wine vinegar if you wish)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl; stir to blend well.
- Refrigerate until 30 minutes before serving; make sure salad is brought to room temperature before serving.
- Taste before putting on table and add salt and pepper to taste, if you wish.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Lovely flavorful bean salad with the fresh taste of parsley. I did increase the parsley (because I love it), and left out the onion this time (was out), but found this salad to be very enjoyable. I used balsamic vinegar, and followed the recipe in all other respects. Thank you very much for sharing this with us.