Recipe by Krystal-Belle
This is a recipe I formulated that is fashioned after the baked potatoes at Texas Roadhouse in Gainesville FL. not exactly the same, but pretty close and ridiculously easy!
Top Review by Vicki in CT
These potatoes are to die for! Crispy, salty on the outside and moist and fluffy on the outside. My bacon fat was cold so spread on a thin layer with a butter knife. Cannot say enough good things about these potatoes.
- sea salt (enough to cover potato) or kosher salt (enough to cover potato)
- 2 large baking potatoes (with the skin on)
- bacon fat
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay out 2 pieces of foil onto a flat surface. The foil should be enough to cover each potato.
- Wash potato skins thouroughly and dry them, dip in rendered bacon fat, place the potatoes onto each piece of foil and cover in sea salt. Wrap and bake in a 425 degree oven for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Make it a loaded potato and top it with sour cream, cheddar cheese, chives, bacon (crumbled), and Mrs. Dash original seasoning for a really great baked potato, or eat it as is. Either way, it's delicious!