Recipe by LiisaN
This is a really good salsa/sauce that will put bottled versions to shame. My best-friend's SIL in Arlington, TX made this for a party once and I had to get the recipe. It makes alot - so it's good for a gathering - or as we use to say in TX - for a "throw-down"!
- 3⁄4 cup oil (I use a canola-blend)
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 5 teaspoons Accent seasoning
- 5 -8 jalapenos, more or less to taste
- 1 whole white onion, chopped
- 5 cloves chopped garlic
- 3 -4 whole tomatoes, chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil, vinegar, salt and accent (first 4 ingredients) just enough to dissolve salt and accent- do not boil.
- (If it boils-- you'll have to start over) Chop remaining ingredients separately.
- I have found that it doesn't work well if you dump everything in processor at once.
- In large bowl, pour vinegar/salt mixture over salsa and mix well.
- Best if let set overnight for flavors to blend.
- Enjoy with chips, eggs, whatever you like salsa with.