Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My Mom made this alot when I was a kid; comfort food for me!! Easy to make & tastes great. Serving size approximate
- 3 large onions
- 1 large green pepper, minced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups cooked tomatoes
- 2 cups uncooked noodles
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Saute onions& green pepper until onions are yellow.
- Add meat and brown.
- Stir in tomatoes, noodles, chili powder, salt& pepper.
- Pour into greased 2 quart baking dish.
- Cover& bake at 350 for 1 hour, removing cover during last 15 minutes of baking.
This was very good, filling and easy to make. TY for the post.
This is a wonderful dish. I made it all the time when my kids were little. Another what goes around, comes around! I use rice instead of noodles - YUMMY!! Thanks for listing.
Great with ground turkey, too. I use 2-3 tablespoons of chili powder--California (mild) chili powder, sold in packets in the Mexican foods section. Some like parmesan cheese on top. I make it in a large, oven-proof saute pan, to minimize dishwashing. This version is the same as my childhood version, from a newspaper clipping circa 1960. It's an excellent pot luck dish.