Spaghetti with Tomatoes and Feta
photo by slickchick
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided (I usually subsitute dried parsley)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked (about 4 cups cooked)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add oregano and garlic, and saute 30 seconds.
- Add tomato, green onions, 2 tablespoons parsley, and lemon juice; cook 2 minutes or until heated.
- Combine tomato mixture, spaghetti, and 3/4 cup cheese, toss gently.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and 2 tablespoons parsley, and sprinkle with pepper, if desired.
- Serve at room temperature or store in a an airtight container in refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I love this recipe. It is quick and tastes amazingly good. The second time I made it I only had 1 1/2 cups of tomatoes on hand. I still made it and just added a little bit of my leftover pasta water from boiling the spaghetti to make it a bit moister since it didn't have as much tomato juice. It still tasted REALLY good.
A really nice summer alternative to tomato sauce spaghetti! I did substitute Balsamic Vinegar for the lemon juice, and a large can of whole tomatoes (drained & cut) for the fresh - and it turned out great! Can't wait to try with fresh garden tomotoes!... thanks - will be making again. Garden Fresh cherry tomatoes in the recipe puts it over the top!! 5*'s for sure!!