Recipe by Melissa_D
This is a almost "no cook" dessert. It is easy to make and very good. You might want to adjust the amount of butter (one stick), flour, and chopped pecans for the bottom layer to fit your pan. Also, be sure to let the instant pudding sit and firm up before you spread it on for a layer, otherwise it will be messy.You can use any two flavors of pudding you want, I usually just go with vanilla and chocolate. You don't have to use the name brands, it tastes just as good with the store brand. I got this recipe from a woman in Ohio. It has been a big hit ever since.
Top Review by lilfaeostar
This is a great desert! My kids and family love it. I use to have this recipe before my step-mom passed away and lost it. We use 2 boxes of lemon pudding. But, it really is great with your favorite pudding mix. Thank you for posting. :0)
For the crust
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 8 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 cup flour
For the layers
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) containers Cool Whip
- 2 (8 ounce) packages instant pudding mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix pecans, butter, and flour together and spread in a layer at the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until crust is light brown.
- Set aside and let cool completely before adding other layers.
- Mix cream cheese and one tub of cool whip together and spread on as the bottom layer.
- Make pudding according to directions, when firm, spread it on top of the bottom layer.
- Repeat with other pudding.
- For the top,spread the other tub of cool whip on and put it in the refridgerator to chill.