Recipe by gertc96
This breakfast casserole is good for any Sunday morning. Prepare it the night before and just throw it in the oven the next morning. It also has endless possibilities. You could add onions, crumbled cooked bacon, ham, and green and red peppers to this dish to make it even more tastier. I hope you enjoy. I found this recipe on Recipesource.com.
Top Review by fleecelady
I added diced ham, chopped green, yellow and red pepper, plus shredded homefries and use Egg Beaters (the Southwest and Cheese n Chive are the BEST)! People rave about this and ask for the recipe--it's quick, easy, and just delicious!
- 1 (12 ounce) can crescent rolls
- 1 lb sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3⁄4 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of onion soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Unroll crescents and line a 13x9-inch Pyrex dish.
- Cover with sausage, mushrooms and half the cheese. (This is where I'd add any extra ingredients you decide on).
- Mix eggs with soup and pour over casserole.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Chill overnight. Bake at 350° for 1 hour.