Recipe by silky
Great messy sandwiches that your family will love. The beef has to marinate for 2 hours.
- 3 stalks celery, approximately
- 4 large onions, approximately
- 3 cups dry red wine
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups chili sauce
- 3 lbs boneless chuck steaks, about
- 12 hoagie rolls, split
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop the celery so that you have 2 cups; chop the onions finely to have 2 cups.
- Mix onion and celery with wine, beef broth concentrate, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and chili sauce until well-blended.
- Cook mixture in a saucepan for 20 to 25 minutes, then press mixture through a sieve.
- Place chuck steak in a shallow pan or glass dish.
- Pour marinade over top.
- Turn steak in marinade several times and allow to marinate for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Drain the steak, reserving the marinade.
- Place steak on grill 6 inches above gray coals.
- Grill 30 minutes, brushing with marinade and turning every 5 minutes.
- Heat the remaining marinade and keep warm.
- Toast rolls on grill.
- Cut the beef into paper-thin slices and place on rolls.
- Spoon hot marinade over meat and replace tops of buns.