Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 hrs
The smell of this pot roast will have even your pickiest eating hungry. On servings you decide.
- 3 lbs beef brisket or 3 lbs beef shoulder or 3 lbs chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 lb carrot, peeled, trimmed and chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (fresh or reconstituted)
- Cut brisket into medium size chunks.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Place in carrots and onions in bottom of slow cooker.
- Place brisket on top.
- Mix together remaining ingredients and pour on top of brisket.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
Wonderful flavor and the meat, carrots & onions were so nice & tender! I used a plain old chuck roast (trimmed of fat) and cut everything up (and made the sauce) the night before. On Mondays & Wednesdays, I am out of the house for 12 hours, so I NEED this kind of recipe. Cooked from 7:30am to 7:30pm with excellent results. Didn't change a thing - will definitely make again - thanks, Rhonda!
The recipe came out good but it could use some more vegetables in my opinion. Maybe some cut up green beans or something. It was pretty easy to make. I'll definitely make it again.
I liked this recipe, I am still trying to think of what it reminded me of...maybe homemade beef stew...just can't put my finger on it, but it was good. DH did not care for it, oh well...can't win'em all.