Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from Dr. Phil's The Ultimate Weight Solution Cookbook. According to the author, one serving has 190 calories, 17 g protein, 3 g carbohydrates, 12 g total fat, and .5 g fiber.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 low-fat turkey breakfast sausage links (brown and serve style)
- 1⁄4 cup canned diced green chiles
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup egg substitute
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cut sausage links into 1/2 inch pieces. Add onion and cook, stirring until onions are softened (about 2 minutes). Add sausage and cook, stirring, until lightly browned. Drain any grease pooling in the pan.
- Add chilies and all spices and cook until fragrant, about 20 minutes. Pour in egg substitute and cook just until scrambled and no longer runny.
- Serve immediately.