Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 3 hot baked potatoes, split lengthwise
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 3⁄4 cup monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 1⁄3 cups French-fried onions, divided
- 1⁄4 cup diced green chilis
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Scoop out inside of potatoes leaving a 1/4-inch shell.
- Reserve inside of potatoes for another use.
- Arrange potato halves on baking sheet.
- Top with cheese, 2/3 cup french fried onions, chilies and bacon.
- Bake 15 minutes until heated through and cheese melts.
- Cut each potato half crosswise into thirds.
- Serve topped with salsa, sour cream and remaining french fried onions.
this is a really easy way to make potato skins and the family loved them as a snack
Hmmmm...I loved these potato skins! I probably used a bit more cheese, but I usually do that. Could just have them by themselves as a dinner!! Served them with a salad. Thanks for posting!