Recipe by Childrens Minister
This is a quick recipe for busy nights. I used an old recipe from my favorite cookbook, but after talking to a very good friend of mine who is a great cook herself we made some changes. Give this a try. All of the ingredients can be kept on hand. I use Ranch beans and don't drain the juice, so if you can find them-please use the Ranch.
Top Review by Jellyqueen
Fixed this recipe last night and it was really good. I love that it was so quick and easy. Made exactly as directed and I must admit I was kind of concerned that it would be too much cumin, but it wasn't. Thanks for the great recipe.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and beef in medium size skillet over medium heat.
- Cook until beef is no longer red.
- Add all other ingredients, stir well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Simmer on low until thick, about 30-35 minutes.
- Place meat mixture on crushed corn chips and top with lettuce, tomato, cheese, and any other favorite topping.