Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Got this recipe from a children's cooking class I took with my 8 yo SD. We both love it and it is very easy.
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 taco shells
- lettuce leaf
- shredded cheddar cheese
- avocado, slices
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl; set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients; fold into egg mixture.
- Line taco shells with lettuce.
- Spoon egg salad evenly onto taco shells.
- Garnish, if desired, and serve with salsa.
I love egg salad and this really was a creative way to enjoy it. I used 1/2 c. cheese and that is the only change I made. Very creamy and the salsa gives it a little kick. This is now one of my top favorites for a quick, easy lunch. Thanks Nurse di.
We enjoyed these for lunch today but were a little dissapointed. Next time I will use more salsa inside the mix, 2 tablespoons were not enough for our tastes, so we put some on the side and dipped, messy but very good. I used no fat mayo and no fat sour cream. I used soft tacos and rolled them. They did have a nice flavour and I will try them again, thanks for posting.