Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
An adopted recipe. Think this one is good? Take a look at 7-Layer Fiesta Party Dip! This recipe will be receiving a lot of editing, soon...
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium avocados
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 21 ounces commercially prepared bean dip (plain or jalapeno)
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 7 ounces olives, chopped
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- tortilla chips
- Peel, pit and mash avocadoes in medium bowl.
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- In separate bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, and taco seasoning.
- To assemble, spread bean dip on a large, shallow platter.
- Top with avocado mixture.
- Put on sour cream and taco mixture.
- Sprinkle wit chopped onions, tomatoes, and olives.
- Cover with shredded cheese.
I have been making this recipe for years. I originally got tis recipe from Canadian Living. It is definately a crowd pleaser!! Can't miss on this one
We made the recipe again, this time being completely faithful to the actual recipe listed. It was again good, but the first time we made it it was better. 3 Avocadoes is too much. I'd suggest 2 avocadoes. It definately needs more salt then listed, perhaps 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons would be closer then just 1/2 teaspoon. Plus, we used a different brand of refried beans last night and it wasn't as good as the first. Get a good brand of refried beans and it'll be great.
(forgot the rating) This is my absolute favorite Tex Mex dip recipe. You know there is a hundred different variations, but this is easily the best I've ever tasted. The sour cream mixture and using bean dip gives it the edge! Delicious!