Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe by Deni Lathrop, CA
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons canned jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 green onion (white and green parts sliced)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Combine water and sugar in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over med heat.
- Add cranberries; return to boil.
- Gently boil cranberries for 10 minutes without stirring.
- Pour into medium glass mixing bowl.
- Gently stir in remaining ingredients. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on salsa.
- Cool at room temperature and refrigerate.
I was wondering if canned Cranberry Sauce would work in this recipe and Boy Oh Boy it DID! I used one can of WHOLE Cranberry Sauce and OMITTED the sugar. I used Fresh Cilantro. The trick is to let the flavors sit a few hours and marinade. It is awesome. I paired it with Baked Chicken Taquitos, Healthy, Low Cal and ZINGY!