Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great basic chili!!! Easy and delicious. We use the leftovers to make chili cheese omelettes on the weekends! Also great served over Fritos for frito pie!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 22 ounces chili beans
- 15 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 7 ounces chopped green chilies
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer (or beef broth or water)
- salt and pepper
- chopped raw onion
- grated cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- Saute onions and garlic in oil.
- Add ground beef and brown. Drain.
- Add taco seasoning and cumin. Mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook 20-30 minutes.
- Serve hot with garnishes of your choice.
- NOTE: For FRITO PIE serve over a bed of fritos and topped with grated cheddar.
I made this in the crockpot and it turned out nicely thick and tasty. It smelled wonderful cooking too! I used one can each of kidney beans and black beans (drained and rinsed) and a Sam Adams winter lager beer, but otherwise followed the recipe.
This was a nice simple chili that I really enjoyed on a cool stormy day. Thanks for sharing, Charmie. Made for Culinary Quest 2.
This was really good and easy to make. It must be a Charmie777 day for me, as this is the second recipe of Charmie's that I've made today. This morning I browned ground beef for this recipe and Recipe #138402. I used Corona beer that we took a teaspoon out of last night for the Recipe #230952 . Served with sour cream and Fritos on the side. Made for ZWT III 2007 - United States Region - Family Pick