1/1 Photo of Tex-Mex Bacon Cheeseburger
Shelby Jo's Note:
From EveryDay with Rachael Ray magazine, March 2012.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 slices good-quality smokey bacon, 4 slices finely chopped and 8 left whole
- 1 1/4 lbs 80% lean ground beef
- 3 -4 tablespoons grated onions
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pureed chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, well drained
- 4 soft burger rolls, split
- crisp yellow corn chips
- chopped onion, tomatoes, cilantro, and pickled jalapenos
- 1Arrange the 8 whole bacon slices on a broiler pan and bake at 375 degrees until crisp, 10-12 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, preheat a cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Combine the beef, chopped bacon, grated onion, garlic, chiopotle puree and Worcestershire sauce; season with s&p. Form into 4 patties (thinner at the center) drizzle with oil.
- 3Grill the burgers for 5 minutes on each side for medium.
- 4Make the queso sauce in a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour for 1 minute then whisk in the milk. Stir in the cheese to melt. Stir in the tomatoes. Place the burgers on the bun bottoms and top with the queso sauce, criss-crossed bacon strips, corn chips, and remaining toppings and bun tops.
- 5Serve extra sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-Mex Bacon Cheeseburger
Serving Size: 1 (458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 989.5
- Calories from Fat 601
- Total Fat 66.8 g
- Saturated Fat 30.6 g
- Cholesterol 192.9 mg
- Sodium 1065.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 48.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo