Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup frozen pineapple concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar, packed
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 4 slices fresh pineapple
- 1 (12 1/3 ounce) carton low-fat extra-firm tofu
- 4 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 2 cups alfalfa sprouts (optional)
- 4 slices tomatoes
- iceberg lettuce
- Whisk together soy sauce, pineapple concentrate, ketchup, sugar, onions, ginger, garlic, lemon juice, sesame oil and sesame seeds.
- Grill pineapple slices over medium heat, brushing often with sauce, until pineapple is brown and tender, 2 to 3 minutes each side.
- Cut tofu into quarters lengthwise then in half crosswise.
- Gently set tofu slices on grill and brush with sauce.
- Carefully turn several times so tofu browns evenly, brushing with sauce.
- Grill 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Lightly season with salt.
- To serve, place 2 grilled tofu slices on each toasted bun, top with grilled pineapple slice, sprouts, tomato slice and lettuce.
We never made tofu on the grill before. Pretty good!
By far the best tofu burger i have ever tasted!!!!