Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From a cookbook titled The Family Kitchen Healthy Fast-Food. Times are estimated.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- ginger (gingerroot thumb size piece peeled and grated)
- 4 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 salmon fillets (skinned and cut into bit size pieces)
- 2 spring onions (green onion sliced)
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper deseeded and sliced)
- 200 g snow peas (7 oz mange tout)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 lime (juice of)
- 400 g egg noodles (14 oz cooked according to packet instructions)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or deep frying pan (skillet) over a high heat until smoking.
- Add the garlic and ginger (gingerroot) and cook for 30 seconds then add the soy sauce and maple syrup.
- Add the salmon pieces, gently sir-fry (scramble-fry) for 2 minutes and then add the spring onions (green onions), capsicum (bell pepper) and snow peas (mange tout).
- Stir-fry 2 more minutes and then add the sesame oil and lime juice.
- Stir in cooked noodles and mix well and serve immediately.
This is a quick and easy meal for busy week nights. The only change I made was to grill the salmon and toss it in with the noodles just before serving. My whole family enjoyed this and I will definitely make it again!