1/1 Photo of Teriyaki Quinoa (Gluten Free)
magpie diner's Note:
A new way to try quinoa, nice alternative to rice and packed full of protein. This was published in Alive's July magazine, originally from Dreen Burton. Can't wait to try it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups water (or broth)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 1/2 tablespoons tamari (wheat free, or Braggs)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons agave nectar (or sub other sweetener of your choice)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (adjust to your taste)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons green onions, finely sliced
- 1Rinse quinoa very well in cold water for a few minutes to remove its bitter outer layer.
- 2In a saucepan add quinoa, water (or broth) and garlic. Bring to boil, stir and then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for about 12 minutes until done.
- 3While the quinoa cooks, mix together the ginger, tamari, agave nectar, lemon juice and sesame oil.
- 4Once the quinoa is done, turn off the heat and stir in the tamari mixture. Cover again and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- 5Stir again and sprinkle with the sesame seeds and green onions. Serve!
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Teriyaki Quinoa (Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.4
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 887.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: